Releasing Old Stories
Welcome to the Soul Unscripted blog. I decided to let my intuition and the cards guide us through "The Season of Letting Go" and its subthemes over the next few weeks. The oracle cards are a tool for introspection and self-discovery, helping us navigate this journey. This post's theme is "The Releasing of Old Stories."
The main focus card for
this post is from the Soul Coaching Oracle Cards: Joy. Its message
points us toward embracing life and yourself, soaring to the clouds, and
letting your doubts dissolve; all is well. Some other clarifying words are
freedom, self-image, fearing loss, and life changes.
Card from the Soul Coaching Oracle Cards
As an Amazon Associate, Soul Unscripted earns from qualifying purchases.
I believe it's very important to release the stories that no longer serve us. I've touched on this before, and I'm currently going through this process myself. I am a very introspective person, and I encourage you to dig deep within yourself and ask yourself hard, honest questions. If you can't be honest with yourself, who can you be honest with?
Why might people resist releasing old stories? It could be the fear of loss, the fear of change, or the fear of losing your self-identity, which is how you identify with yourself. Years ago, I struggled with the concern of who I would be if I let a certain story go. It took a lot of inner work and the healing of emotional wounds to release that story and embrace a new one. The process of “letting go” involves deep self-reflection and inner work, leading to the realization that certain stories are not helpful. Once we understand this truth, we can let go and step into a new alignment of ourselves, fostering joy and freedom.
I invite you to ask yourself these questions: What story can I release? What new story can I tell myself—one that supports who I am becoming? What stories in my life are ready to be released? Life usually shows us what is asking to be let go, but we hold on because it feels comfortable. The known feels safer than the unknown. But if a story is rising to the surface, it is not meant to stay; it is asking for light. When we release the old stories, we open the door to joy and freedom, and we step into the truest version of ourselves.
I’ll leave you with a quote from Alan Watts: “You must surrender to change, and to rewrite your story, you must first realize you are the author. Most people spend their lives resisting the very experiences that shape them, but life in its infinite wisdom does not grant light without shadow, nor growth without discomfort. The ocean does not resist the tide, nor does a seed resist the breaking of its shell. Likewise, you are not here to cling but to flow, to dissolve and become, to lose yourself so that you may finally remember who you are.”
As always, take what resonates and leave the rest. While I use the oracle cards to focus these messages, I rely most on intuition, and you don’t need cards to do your own deep dive. If they help, sit with them and notice what arises. Your intuition is a powerful guide, and your practice should reflect your unique path.
You are not alone on
this journey. Welcome to this community of self-discovery and growth. As you
reflect, what feels ready to shift for you? Share in the comments, your courage
may inspire someone else. Your voice matters, and your experiences can be a
source of strength for others.
Mel
PS - Stay connected by clicking ‘Subscribe to Posts’ to add Soul Unscripted to your RSS feed and never miss a new blog post. Check out this post on how to set up an RSS feed in case you’re new to the process. Also, if a post resonates with you or you know someone who may benefit from the content, please share it so they might find insight or inspiration here, too.

Comments
Post a Comment